There are lots of great reasons to become a member of the OSA and SPIE professional societies. Learn more about these benefits and how to join.
Photonics Students: JOIN US!
|As a dues-paying member of OSA and/or SPIE, you receive special Stanford incentives:
Note: this is all IN ADDITION to the membership benefits below:
- Meet graduate students in other research groups
- Help organize speaker and community events
- Network with other OSA members: 14,000 people from over 81 countries!
- Network with other SPIE members: 17,500 people worldwide!
As a national student OSA member ($40), enjoy:
- Discounts (e.g., reduced registration, free short courses for students) & special member events at conferences like Frontiers in Optics and CLEO/QELS/PhAST. OSA member discounts for just one conference often exceed the cost of dues!
- Free subscriptions to Optics and Photonics News and Physics Today
- Access to OSA's career search engine, workinoptics.com
- Eligibility for OSA Student Awards, Grants, and Fellowships
- Discounts on OSA/Wiley Technical Books and more!
As a SPIE student member ($20), enjoy:
- Discounts (e.g., reduced registration, 50% off conference courses) & special member events at conferences like Photonics West and Optics & Photonics
- Free subscriptions: an online SPIE journal of your choice and SPIE Professional quarterly magazine
- Access to SPIE's employment resources: SPIEWorks and career fairs at SPIE meetings
- Eligibility for SPIE Scholarships and Grants
Become an OSA member today! (Or renew your membership!) click here *please list "Stanford University" as your organization
Become a SPIE member today! (Or renew your membership!) click here
Note: the above $40 and $20 society dues are student rates set by and paid directly to OSA or SPIE. Post-docs, visiting scholars, staff, and faculty are of course welcome to the large majority of our events! OSA/SPIE membership rates vary - please visit the links above.